I didn’t quite expect to meet one of my year goals so quickly but, well, the bag is done. I stayed up way too late last night finishing it and here it is.
You may notice a slight hesitation in my writing. Truth be told, I’m not over the moon in love with it. It’s a little too big and I really should have come up with some kind of fastener to keep the flap closed. Also, I really ought to have top stitched it with some kind of contrasting thread just to break up the solid black.
However, I think I did meet the criteria of the goal. I really love the Vader print on the inside and it’s definitely usable (as evidenced by the fact that it’s already full of stuff as you can see). I will use it. I just think I also could have done better.
So I guess we can say that goal number one for 2017 is completed. I’d still like to make a smaller, slightly better constructed bag. And a piece of apparel. Probably because it didn’t turn out quite as great as I wanted, I’m not quite as excited about crossing this one off my list, but I think I’ll give it to myself anyway.
And I don’t think the other two goals will be quite as easily accomplished.